Rt 3 Bar Harbor Work Plan Week Ending Oct 5
Take a deep breath and exhale. Construction work will stop on the Bar Harbor Route 3 Corridor as of the end of day on Thursday, October 5th for the Columbus Day Holiday and will not resume until Tuesday, October 10th.
The area from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road has been opened up to two-way traffic until further notice. The Crooked Road Detour and first one-way loop is up and running. Please drive safely and pay attention to signage, traffic signals, and flaggers.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
– Placing new drainage from Crooked Road to Breakneck Road
– Backing up shoulders and driveways from East Hillside Drive to Lookout Point Rd South
– Installing new water services from Crooked Road to Breakneck Road
– Working on the rockery wall from East Hillside Drive to Lookout Point Road South
– Installing catch basin frames and grates from East Hillside Drive to Crooked Road
– The utility companies will be conducting work from the Breakneck Road/ Ocean – Avenue to Prospect Street, and West Street to Eagle Lake Road