Route 3 Work Plan Wk Ending 9/16
Construction continues on the Route 3 Bar Harbor Corridor Construction Project. Here’s the work plan for the week ending Saturday, September 16th.
The area from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road has been opened up to two-way traffic until further notice. The Crooked Road Detour and first one-way loop is up and running. Please drive safely and pay attention to signage, traffic signals, and flaggers.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:-
- Backing up shoulders and driveways from Sand Point Road to East Hillside Drive
- Placing new drainage from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road
- Excavating subgrade, placing new gravel, and fine grading from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road
- Public works will be installing new water services from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road
- Wet cast wall construction near the Hulls Cove School House
- Heavy rip rap will be placed in Hulls Cove along the shore side of the road
- Utilities will be working in the from the Ferry Terminal to the Bluffs