Investigators say a fatal fire in Bar Harbor on Wednesday afternoon likely was caused by a heat lamp being used to keep baby chickens warm.

The victim, 46-year-old Melissa Watership, had obtained the chicks that morning and had placed them in a saw dust-filled box in her bedroom, where the fire started, according to a release from the State Fire Marshal's Office.

The fire was started by either the lamp tipping over or being placed too close to the box. The fire has been ruled accidental.

Investigators believe Watership, a local veterinarian, was either distracted or taking nap when the fire broke out. Her body was located in the kitchen.

There was fire damage to the bedroom and heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of the one story house.