Warming Centers in Hancock and Washington Counties February 3-5
It is going to be dangerously cold this weekend! Once in a decade cold! These wind chill readings are nothing to joke with, as the National Weather Service in Caribou is anticipating wind chill readings as low as 37 below Friday afternoon, wind chill readings as low as 49 below Friday night, and wind chill readings as low as 48 below zero on Saturday!
Here are a list of Warming Centers in Hancock and Washington Counties that will be open.
- Alexander - Alexander Elementary School - 1430 Airline Road - Call the Town Office at 454-3011 and volunteers will open the building as needed.
- Baileyville - Baileyville Town Office - 63 Broadway. If the office is close after 4 p.m. Call dispatch at 427-6992 and someone will let you in.
- Calais - Downeast Recovery Support Center - 311 Main Stree. Open Friday 9 a.m. into Saturday, with Sunday to be determined.
- Charlotte - Fire Station - 1100 Ayers Junction Road - Available as needed Friday and Saturday. Call 454-8406
- Cherryfield - Weald Bethel Community Center - 6 Weald Road. There will be tea, cocoa and coffee available. Call 546-4466
- Dennysville - Dennysville Snowmobile and ATV Club - 24 Milwaukee Road If you need a ride call 263-6306
- Jonesport - Jonesport Fire Station - 44 Main Street - Open till Sunday morning. Call 497-2857
- Lubec - Lubec Community Center - 40 School Street - Call 733-4641
- Machias - Downeast Recovery Center - 11 Free Street - Open 9 a.m. Friday into Saturday morning with Sunday TBD
- Pembroke - American Legion Hall - 82 Front Street - Open Friday if needed. Call 726-1041
- Princeton - Princeton Fire Station - 16 Mill Street - Call Fire Chief Tony Ramsdell 952-2577 and they will open the fire station.
- Bar Harbor - Open Table MDI -116 Cottage Street will be open from 9 a.m to 6 pm. Friday and Saturday
- Ellsworth - INSPIRE Recovery Center - 24 Church Street - Open 7 days a week 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. and open weekends in February 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To check on warming centers throughout the State Click HERE