Surry Elementary’s 1st Annual Kid’s Clothing Swap – November 18th
The Surry Elementary School has announced that they will be holding their 1st Annual Kid's Clothing Swap on Saturday, November 18th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Surry Elementary School's Gym.
We all know how quickly children grow. Most children will only be able to use winter clothing during that particular winter, as the boots, snowsuits, pants etc. will be too small next winter! And let's not even talk about how expensive everything is! That's why I fully endorse this, and am happy to promote it. As a matter of fact if your organization or school wants to do something like this, and you are located in Hancock or Washington County, I will be glad to promote it for you on air and online!
So now's the time to start going through your children's winter and fall clothing and sports gear that they may have outgrown. Here's what you need to know:
- Items must be freshly laundered and gently used. No stains, pet hair or holes!
- Clothing should be sized for PK-Grade 8 age children and young adults
- No underwear or socks!
- All drop-offs should be bagged and labeled with sizes.
- Advance drop-off only, drop-off days will be each Friday, until November 10th! There will be a drop-off tote located in the school entryway.
- All items left-over will be donated to local community agencies.
The Surry Community Recreation group will have a table with sport's gear.
They obviously need lots of help to make this event a success. If you want to volunteer, or have questions, please reach out via email to email@example.com
LOOK: Holiday gift crazes and fads of the past century
Gallery Credit: Jennnifer Billock