Rt 3 Work Plan Week Ending August 5
The Route 3 Bar Harbor construction project continues, and here is the work plan for the week ending August 5th. The area from the Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road that had been temporarily opened to two-way traffic has been converted back to one way traffic as a result of paving and other work being done in the area.
Please remember that all businesses are open along Route 3 and to follow the directions of the flaggers. Please be mindful of the children and wildlife along the Crooked Road Detour and do not speed!
- Fine grading in preparation for paving will take place from the Sand Point Road to Barton’s Lane
- Placing new drainage from Barton’s Lane to Hamor Lane
- Backing up shoulders and driveways from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road
- Public works will be installing new water services from Barton’s Lane to Hamor Lane
- The utility companies will be conducting work from the Breakneck Road to Prospect Street