Route 3 Bar Harbor Construction Work Plan Week Ending August 25th
The good news... Hopefully we have seen the peak weeks of traffic and the crews will take an extended Labor Day pause, ending construction for Labor Day weekend on Thursday, August 30th. Until then construction continues on the Bar Harbor Route 3 corridor. Here's the work plan for the week ending August 25th.
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on new drainage systems from Duck Brook towards the Bluffs, as well as the large pipe at Duck Brook
- Working on water services from Duck Brook towards the Bluffs
- Excavating and grading gravel drives from Duck Brook to West Street
- Removing pavement and grading the existing roadway from the College of the Atlantic to West Street
- Installing catch basin frames and grates from The Bayview to the College of the Atlantic