Route 3 Bar Harbor Construction Week Ending June 23rd
Construction continues on the Bar Harbor Route 3 corridor. Here's the work plan for the week ending June 23rd. There is good news, as construction will take an extended break for the 4th of July Holiday, ending on June 29th and not beginning again until July 9th!
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on new drainage from Duck Brook to the College of the Atlantic
- Continue work on waterline from West Street to Highbrook Road
- Grading shoulders and slopes from West Street to Eagle Lake Road and from the Crooked Road to the entrance of Acadia National Park.
- Working on sidewalks from West Street to Eagle Lake Road, and Crooked Road to the entrance of Acadia National Park.
- Patching around curbing from West Street to Eagle Lake Road and in Hulls Cove