Route 3 Bar Harbor Construction Week Ending July 28
Construction continues on the Bar Harbor Route 3 corridor. Here's the work plan for the week ending July 28th.
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on new drainage systems from The Bayview to West Street
- Working on water services from The Bayview to the College of the Atlantic
- Excavating and grading gravel drives from The Bayview to the College of the Atlantic
- Grading slopes and shoulders from the Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park Entrance
- Mill pavement and grade existing roadway from Duck Brook to The Bayview
- Fine grade and pave roadway from Duck Brook to The Bayview