November 4th – National Men Make Dinner Day
All right guys, tonight, Thursday, November 4th is our night, as it's National Men Make Dinner Day! We have some ideas for you!
This "special" day is celebrated the 1st Thursday of November, and according to the website there are 4 rules to the "celebrating" the day
- The main meal must include a minimum of 4 ingredients and require at least one cooking utensil other than a fork.
- The man goes shopping for all the necessary ingredients.
- Clean up as you go.
- Aprons are optional.
If you don't want to go to all that "trouble" and still celebrate the day, I guess you can order take-out and bring it home and call it good!
Now let's face it there's a lot of pressure... So we have come up with some ideas for you!
- Take-Out - Your phone is your friend today! Be the hero and call your favorite restaurant and arrange for take-out or delivery! Call your wife or girlfriend today and say, "Honey, I've got dinner all taken care of for tonight! You just come home and I'll see you tonight. Love you! " Of course she'll ask you who are you and what have you done with my husband or boyfriend?", But trust me she will appreciate it!
- Breakfast for Dinner! Who doesn't like breakfast for dinner? Whip up some scrambled or fried eggs! Fry up some bacon, or sausage. Pop some toast in the toaster.
- Pancakes! Take breakfast for dinner up a notch! You don't even have to make the pancake batter from scratch! You can get it in the box or add water and shake in the bottle! Add some frozen blueberries, cut up bananas, or chocolate chips and let everyone pour on the maple syrup! You'll be a hero!
- Hot Dogs and Baked Beans - Ok it's not Saturday night, but Hot Dogs and Baked Beans are a Maine tradition! Just remember.. Beans.. Beans.. The Magical Fruit... The More You Eat... the More you Toot!
- Grilled Cheese - Who doesn't love Grilled Cheese? Bonus if you add Tomato Soup! I personally like Grilled Cheese and Tomato with Tomato Soup!
- Spaghetti and Meatballs - C'mon guys! You can boil some water and heat up some frozen meatballs right? Pick up some garlic bread and you've got this covered!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly or a Fluffernutter - Who doesn't love a PBJ anytime of the day? A nice glass of milk to wash it down? Yum! And really, when was the last time you had a Fluffernutter? You'll just have to be careful that everyone will want Dad making dinner every night if you serve this!
LOOK: Here are copycat recipes from 20 of the most popular fast food restaurants in America