Ellsworth Volleyball Beats Cony 3-1
The Ellsworth Volleyball Team traveled down to Augusta to play the Cony Rams, coming home with a 3-1 win.
The individual set scores were 25-9, 23-25, 25-14 and 25-16.
According to Coach John Dyer the Ellsworth individual standouts were:
- Olivia Harmon 16 service points with 8 aces, 9 assists, 6 digs and 3 kills
- Ava Van Dorn - 13 service points with 6 aces and 5 assists
- Charly Weaver - 10 service points with 5 aces and 4 assists
- Shanteena Griffiths - 9 service points with 6 aces, 4 kills and 1 assist.
- Brielle Grindle - 8 service points with 4 aces and 6 kills
- Brooke Pirie - 3 kills, 2 blocks and 1 assist.
Ellsworth now 1-0 will travel to East Machias to play Washington Academy on Wednesday, September 6th at 6 p.m.
Cony is now 0-1. They will travel to Gardiner to play the Gardiner Tigers on Tuesday, September 5th at 5:30 p.m.
Thanks to Coach John Dyer for the stats.
We would like to post High School Soccer, Golf, Field Hockey, Volleyball and Football Scores. If coaches or managers can email the golf results and soccer scores including goal scorers and goalkeepers to email@example.com we will write stories on the WDEA website for Downeast Maine schools and on the 92.9 The Ticket website for all Maine High Schools.
We will also be starting our 92.9 The Ticket High School Athlete of the Week beginning on September 1st. September 1-3 you can nominate someone for the Week 1 High School Athlete of the Week for performances August 28- September 2. We will then post the nominees on Tuesday, September 5th, and you'll be able to vote September 5th-7th. We will then announce the winner on Friday, September 8th. Nominees should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student's name, school and why you think they should be Athlete of the Week.