Ellsworth-MDI Girls Prelim Game Tuesday February 11th
Tuesday, February 11th's girls basketball game between MDI and Ellsworth is winner take all, with the winner advancing to the Cross Insurance Center and the quarterfinals, while the losing team's season ends.
MDI is the #7 seed, with a record of 11-7, while Ellsworth, the #10 seed has a record of 10-8. MDI beat Ellsworth twice this season, 38-30 in Ellsworth on January 22nd and 42-35 in Bar Harbor in the final game of the season on February 5th. But, it's very tough to beat a team 3 times in a season.
The winner of the game will take on the #2 seeded Waterville Panthers with a 17-1 record, Friday, February 14th at 5 p.m.
Keys to the game include
- Both teams need to stay out of foul trouble to allow their respective coaches, Barker for MDI and Pooler for Ellsworth to make substitutions as they wish rather than fouls dictating the substitutions.
- Both teams need to make their free throws.
- Who will control the boards? Can MDI stop Ellsworth from getting 2nd chances on the glass?
- MDI will key in on Senior Trinity Montigny.. Who will step up and score for the Eagles?
- Which team shoots better behind the 3-point arc? Both teams are capable of shooting 3's. Who does so better?
- Can MDI get the ball into Elizabeth Jones in the paint, and can she score against Ellsworth?