Ellsworth High School’s Policy on Spectators for Fall Sports
Ellsworth High School released their policy on spectators for Fall Sports on Wednesday night, September 24th.
“The event is the event and 100 is the limit.” per an email to the MPA to clarify the following from the guidance:
- Organizers of competitive sports and activities are responsible for limiting the number of individuals that can gather in a shared space, in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order on gathering size limits, currently set at 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors or fewer if distancing rules cannot be accommodated.
- Players, coaches, volunteers, officials,and spectators count toward the gathering limit.
Other general guidance for hosting events:
- Require individuals to wear a face covering when physical distancing is difficult to maintain, per CDC recommendations and pertinent Executive Orders from the Office of the Governor.
- Face coverings must be worn by coaches, staff, officials, and spectators.
- Require individuals to maintain 6 feet of physical distance from individuals who are not part of their household group whenever possible.
- Spectators must maintain 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and other spectators as well as players. Prohibiting cheering and yelling is recommended. Clapping, ringing cowbells, and other activities that do not involve the projection of respiratory droplets are low-risk alternatives.
Non-Compliance results in a stoppage of the contest until we are back in a position of compliance to the Governor’s Executive Order.
Home Cross Country Meets
Only home spectators with a ticket will be allowed to attend meets. In order to attend the event all spectators must wear a face covering. The number of spectators/tickets will be determined after the number of participants, coaches and meet personnel are subtracted from 100. All EHS cross country runners will be issued at least one ticket for the race they are running. Boys spectators/ticket holders will be able to watch only the boys race and girls spectators/ticket holders will only be able to watch the girls race. Spectators are asked to show up no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Boys will run first this year. (For the 9/25 meet Boys at 4:00, Girls at approx. 4:45)
Cross Country runners will be given tickets to give to their chosen spectators. Tickets will be issued 24 hours in advance. Spectators will need to turn in that ticket when entering the spectator area at the end of the parking lot closest to the football field. Spectators will need to fill out their name and phone number on their ticket. Spectators will not be allowed to leave the area between the parking lot and football garage. They are also not allowed on the hill to the softball field. This will allow spectators to see the start of the race, the start of the second lap around the course and the finish.
Once the spectator’s runner has finished they should leave the facility and not gather in the spectator area. Teams should leave as soon as possible.
Home Golf Matches
Home spectators only will be allowed to watch. Spectators need to wear a face covering. Spectators need to remain 50 feet away from players at all times when on the course. Spectators need to provide name and number to the head coach, if the EHS golf coach does not already have that information.
Home Soccer Games
Only home spectators with a ticket will be allowed to attend . In order to attend the event all spectators must wear a face covering. The number of spectators will be determined after the number of participants, coaches and game personnel are subtracted from 100. Tickets for each game will be given to the soccer players 24 hours in advance of the home game. Just like cross country meets, spectators will pass in their ticket with their name and phone number on them. The distribution of tickets will be determined by how many we are able to offer. All EHS soccer players will be issued at least one ticket for the game they are playing in. JV spectators/ticket holders will be able to watch only the JV game and Varsity spectators/ticket holders will only be able to watch the varsity game. Spectators are asked to show up no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
Spectators must use the stairs on the EEMS side of the field and must sit in the bleachers. The gate next to the field house will be closed and only used for wheelchair access. Spectators WILL NOT be allowed to stand at the fence that runs around the outside of the track. Ropes and signage will be placed all the way around the track to remind spectators to not stand in those areas.
If there are back to back soccer games (jv and then varsity), the bleachers will be emptied and spectators that do not have a ticket for the second game need to leave the facility.
Once the game is finished spectators will be reminded to leave the facility and not gather on the field. Teams should leave as soon as possible.
Home Football Games and Volleyball Matches
This information will be updated after a decision has been made to move forward with outdoor volleyball matches and 7v7 flag football games. This decision will be made on or around 10/1/20