Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce 2019 Award Winners
The Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce is holding their Annual Dinner at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Events Center on Monday, October 21st. At that time, they will present their Annual Award Winners. Here are the announced winners! Congratulations to all!
Note - The Cadillac Award winner will be announced at the dinner, and is awarded to 1 individual annually and takes into consideration their contribution to the business community, but to the community at large.
Announced winners include -
Acadia Arts Achievement – Bar Harbor Historical Society – Board of Directors
- Presented annually in recognition of the dedication to working in support of the arts in the Bar Harbor community. The Bar Harbor Historical Society recently purchased La Rochelle to use as the future home of the museum. The preservation of this historically and architecturally important building is demonstration of the Society’s commitment to Bar Harbor's artistic culture.
Neighbor Member of the Year – Milk and Honey – Eliza Bishop, Owner
- The Neighbor Member Business of the Year is given annually to the Neighbor (outside of Bar Harbor) Business member that has demonstrated overall outstanding performance over the last 12 months. In 2019, Milk and Honey has catered several Chamber events and showed an outstanding ability to deliver high quality food and top-notch customer service, even within extremely tight time frames.
Environmental Leader – A Climate to Thrive – Jill Higgins, Joe Blotnick, and Board of Directors
- This award is given annually to the Bar Harbor business member that demonstrates a commitment to the environment through appropriate business practices and/or infrastructure. A Climate to Thrive has led (and continues to lead) numerous projects over the past year that are leading Bar Harbor and Mount Desert Island businesses toward its stated goal of energy independence by 2030.
Rising Star – Inn on Mount Desert – Stephen Coston, Co-owner
- The Rising Star award is given annually to the Bar Harbor business member that started operating in Bar Harbor within the last two years and has shown significant potential for leadership in business or community endeavors and who is expected to continue to have a positive impact in the community. The Inn on Mount Desert opened in 2018 and provided a wonderful year-round lodging establishment to the Bar Harbor community and is owned and operated by a family committed to the long-term success of Bar Harbor and Mound Desert Island.
Business of the Year – Bar Harbor Catering Company – Mandy Fountaine, Owner
- Business of the Year is given annually to the Bar Harbor business member that has demonstrated excellence in operations and performance over the last 12 months. In their 10th year, Bar Harbor Catering has solidified its reputation as an exemplary service provider for weddings, small gatherings, and fundraisers, all while being a wonderful community partner.
President’s Award – MDI Search and Rescue - Davin O'Connell, President, MDI Search and Rescue
- Each year, the Chamber’s board president has the option to select a recipient of the President’s Award. This year’s president, Bethany Reece, has chosen the Mount Desert Island Search and Rescue to receive this award in order to recognize the commitment of its members to the safety of well-being of those in the Bar Harborcommunity. MDI SAR team members respond to call-outs by Acadia National Park, the Maine Warden Service, and local police and fire departments.