Bar Harbor 4th of July [INFO]
8 a.m. Update - The Fireworks have been postponed until Monday night, July 5th for safety reasons. The parade at 11 am today is still ON
6:15 a.m. Update from the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce - The Parade is STILL ON and will step off at 11 a.m.
Here's what's happening in Bar Harbor on the 4th of July!
- 4th of July Lobster Scavenger Hunt - The YMCA has hidden lobsters throughout the Town. The lobsters will be dressed in their racing attire with a racing bib number. Participants will be given a list of business locations and you'll have to record their corresponding race number on the Scavenger Hunt Card.You can search from June 28th through July 5. All Scavenger Hunt Cards must be turned into the MDI YMCA by Tuesday, July 6th at 12 Noon
- Craft Fair/Marketplace - 9 a.m -3 p.m. The Island Arts Association 's Craft Fair has been cancelled because of the weather
- Independence Day Parade - 11 a.m Note the new time for this year!
- Chillin' and Grillin' with Open Table MDI - Join Open Table MDI starting at 11:30 a.m. until they are sold out on the front lawn of the Bar Harbor Congregational Church (29 Mount Desert Street) for food and lemonade
- Fireworks over Frenchman's Bay - Approximately 9:15 p.m. The best viewing is in Agamont Park (rain date Monday, July 5th)
And remember! You don't have to pay for parking in Bar Harbor on the 4th of July. So even though the meters and kiosks are there, feel like rebel and just ignore them!
Here's the Parade Route
The Bar Harbor Police Department will be closing the parking lot at the top of Newport Drive (Agamont Park) starting at 12 noon on Monday July 5th for the fireworks. No one should be parked on the street from Agamont Park down to West Street after 12 noon. Cars WILL be towed. Don't come back and have your 4th ruined because your vehicle was towed!
Here's the map of the detours and exit plan for leaving Bar Harbor after the fireworks on Monday