3rd Time Is NOT a Charm for Sumner Interscholastic Athletics
After more than 2 hours of discussion, the RSU 24 Board of Directors voted NOT to allow Sumner High School students to participate in interscholastic athletics.
Each Board of Director has a weighted vote, but 6 Board of Directors voted against allowing the participation while 3 voted in favor.
The actual votes were
- Jennifer Des Jardin (Eastbrook) - Yes
- Roy Gott (Franklin) - No
- Alison Johnson (Gouldsboro) - No
- Julia Sheehan (Mariaville) - Yes
- Janet Wilpan (Sorrento) - No
- Keith Goldfarb (Steuben) - Yes
- Andrea St. George-Jones (Sullivan) - No
- Mercy Hardison (Waltham) - No
- Jeffrey Alley (Winter Harbor) - No
The Board initially voted on September 1st 9-0, and then on September 8th 8-1 suspending interscholastic activities.