2022 Maine Drama Festival at Ellsworth High School and MDI High School
Residents of Hancock County are in luck, because both Ellsworth and MDI High Schools will be hosting the 2022 Maine Drama Festival aka One-Act Plays on Friday March 25th and Saturday, March 26th. Note - The performances at MDI High School are just on Saturday, March 26th.
There are 3 sessions Ellsworth High School with a Friday evening session on March 25th, a Saturday afternoon session on March 26th and a Saturday evening session. Admission is $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for students, with tickets being sold at the door.
Here's the order of performance
Ellsworth High School
Friday March 25th
- 6 p.m. - Brewer High School "Adaption" by Elaine May
- 7 p.m. - MCI - "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" by Dwayne Hartford
- 8 p.m. - Waterville - Werewolf? by William K. Gleason
Saturday March 26th
- 1 p.m. - Belfast High School - "4 a.m." by Jonathan Dorf
- 2 p.m. - Erskine Academy - "And" by Alan Haehnel
- 3 p.m. - Searsport High School - "Paper or Plastic" by Werner Trieschmann
- 7 p.m. - Mount View High School - "Complaint Department and Lemonade" by Kamron Klitgaard
- 8 p.m. - Ellsworth High School - "Slipping" by Madeline Henry
MDI High School
Tickets are $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for students/seniors. There is a Saturday afternoon session with 3 performances and a Saturday evening session with 2 performances.
Saturday March 26th
- 1:30 p.m - Calais High School - "Selfie" by Bradely Hayward
- 2:30 p.m. - GSA - "Macbeth" by William Shakespeare
- 3:30 p.m. - Deer Isle-Stonington - "Elektra" by Elizabeth Brendel Horn
- 6:30 p.m. - Bucksport - "Conflict" by Wade Bradford
- 7:30 p.m. - MDI - "Kafka's Metamorphosis" by Steve Moulds
Anyone who would like to see the local premier of the MDI One Act Play is invited to a performance on Saturday night, March 12th at 7 p.m. Admission on Saturday March 12th is by donation and will benefit the Black Rose Fund.
25 Things You Say That Could Get Your Mainer Card Revoked