A Banner Day For the City of Ellsworth
It's hard to imagine a better day for the City of Ellsworth than Tuesday, August 2nd! At 12:30 approximately 200 people were at the old Lowe's Building and soon to be the new home for Jackson Laboratory's mouse breeding facility! Dignitaries welcomed Jackson Lab to Ellsworth and there was a ceremonial groundbreaking.
Jackson Laboratory provided the following numbers for 2015! Imagine what it's going to be in the future as the facility is developed!
- 253 JAX Employees living in Ellsworth
- 236 JAX Households
- 177 Homeowners
- 59 Employees living in Rental Units
- $587,000 property and excise taxes paid by JAX Households
- $5200.00 Paid to Ellsworth water and sewer
- $3.3 Million paid to 41 Ellsworth Businesses Providing Goods and Services
- $8.5 Million - Estimated Local Spending of JAX Households in Ellsworth
And that wasn't it, as Ellsworth City Officials and Senators Susan Collins and Angus King and Congressman Bruce Poliquin cut the ribbon to open Ellsworth's incubator the Union River Center for Innovation.
Located at 415 Water Street in Ellsworth, there will be an Open House on Thursday, August 25th from 4 PM - 6 PM. To find out more visit the website www.unionriverinnovation.net
There is already 1 tenant who has signed a lease - GTCA- GenoTyping Center of America. GTCA is a DNA analysis company providing high quality genotyping services to the international research community. Their proprietary DNA extraction methods coupled with cross validated testing delivers definitive results in 2 business days.