Pre-Screening Clinics On Saturday For Shriners Hospitals [VIDEO]
Pre-screening clinics are being held statewide, on Saturday, to help determine whether children are eligible for treatment at Shriners Hospitals.
The clinics are sponsored by the Anah Shriners of Bangor, because they know how difficult it can be to make the trip to Shriners Hospital for Children in Springfield or Boston, Massachusetts. The screenings are free and you don't need an appointment before the event.
Shriners Hospitals treat a wide variety of ailments, including Scoliosis and other spine deformities, hand and shoulder deformities, brittle bone disease, Cerebral Palsy, hip disorders, bone infections, cleft lip and palate, and other orthopaedic issues. Also treated are hemangiomas, burn injuries, port wine stains, scarring and deformities of the face, just to name a few. A list of treatments can be found on the Shriners Hospital website. Shriners Hospitals treat their juvenile patients in a family-centered environment, regardless of their parents' ability to pay.
Pre-screening Clinics will be held from 9 a.m. to Noon this Saturday at the following locations:
- Anah Shrine, 1404 Broadway in Bangor
- Northern Light Walk-in Care, 32 Resort Way, Ellsworth
- Calais Regional Hospital, 24 Hospital Lane, Calais
- Aroostook Shrine Club, 390 Houlton Road, Rt 1, Presque Isle
- Waldo County Shrine Club, 85 Northport Avenue, Belfast
- Mayo Orthopedics, 43 Dwelley Avenue, Dover-Foxcroft
- Downeast, Dr. James Walen, 52 Center Street, Machias