MDI’s Aiden Grant Voted Week 4 High School Athlete of the Week
Congratulations to MDI High School's Aiden Grant who was voted the Week 4 High School Athlete of the Week. There were a record number of votes cast for this week's nominees, with nearly 12,000 votes cast in a little more than 2 days!
Congratulations to all our nominees!
- Addy Boyce - MDI (Volleyball) - In 3 matches she had 12 aces, 59 assists, 5 kills and 13 digs. She was 1st in the State for assists and tied for 2nd in aces.
- Rachel Endre - Ellsworth (Volleyball) In the Senior Night Match against Nokomis Rchel had 22 service points, 13 aces, 12 kills and 10 digs.
- Aiden Grant - MDI (Football) In the 50-46 loss to Yarmouth Aiden had 21 carries for 278 yards scoring 3 touchdowns. He also returned a kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown
- Olivia Harmon - Ellsworth (Volleyball) In the Senior Night Match against Nokomis Olivia had 24 service points, 14 aces, 22 assists
- Jack Morrison - Bucksport (Soccer) A freshman, he's been instrumental in the Bucksport Golden Bucks unbeaten season to date.
- Maddie Niles - Lawrence (Field Hockey) - Maddie had a Hat Trick and 2 assists to lead the Bulldogs to a 6-0 win over MCI on September 24.
- Kamryn Webber - Bucksport (Football) - In Friday night's game he had 32 carries for 203 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also caught the ball twice for 20 yards.
- Jordin Williams - (Brewer Field Hockey) - Jordin had 4 goals in Brewer's 5-0 win over the John Bapst Crusaders.
- Billy Wray - Sumner (Soccer) - In Sumner's win over Jonesport Beals Billy had a Hat Trick with 1 goal being scored on a free kick outside the 18. He also had an assist in the win
Aiden now joins Week 1's winner - Delaney Carr from Hermon High School ,Week 2's winner - Madden White from Nokomis High School and Week 3's winner Elizabeth Boles from Ellsworth High School.
You can nominate someone for the Week 5 High School Athlete of the Week by emailing HERE. Please put High School Athlete of the Week in the subject. Nominations for games September 26- October 1st need to be received by October 3rd. Then tell us why your nominee is deserving! Let us know specifics! How many goals did she/he score? How many yards did they run for? How many yards did they pass for? How fast did they run in the cross country race? What did they shoot in the golf match? We also want to know what school they go to! Please send them by Monday night!
Tuesday we will then compile the nominees and it will be your turn to choose the winner! You can then cast your votes, and voting will close Thursday night at 11:59 p.m. We will then announce the winner online and on air on Friday each week!
We are also looking for reports of High School Soccer, Field Hockey, Football, Volleyball and Golf results. If you can email them HERE we will write recaps nightly. We need the score, who scored the goal, and any highlights. For golf results, if you can send a photo of the scoresheet that would be fantastic! You can even text the photo of the golf scoresheet to 207-469-8660