Bangor High School Student Charged with Arson
A student at Bangor High school has been charged with arson for setting a fire at the school. The fire was started in a trash can and forced the evacuation of students and staff.
In a press release, Lieutenant Tim Reid said the fire was reported just after 1:30 on October 24th, when the fire alarms went off at the school. Students were evacuated while the Bangor Fire Department responded.
The source of the problem was determined to be in a girl's bathroom on the first level. A fire had been set in a large rubber trash can. Papers in the can had burned and the bottom was smoldering. The fire was extinguished and the students were returned to class. No one was injured in the incident.
An investigation was conducted and, as a result, a 14-year-old female student was arrested this week and charged with arson. The juvenile's name was not released and the case will proceed through the juvenile justice system.