Bangor Chamber Announces Winners
The Bangor Chamber of Commerce has announced their winners for 2013. These winners will be feted at the Cross Insurance Center on January 22, 2014.
Miles Theeman, longtime CEO at Affiliated Health Care Systems and now Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems (EMHS) Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, will be given the Chamber's top honor on January 22. Theeman, a former chair of the Bangor Region Chamber board, has a long record of business and community leadership in Bangor, including as co-chair of the group that organized the successful campaign to win approval of the Cross Center project among Bangor voters.
"Miles' leadership has made Bangor and the region a better place in ways that are both obvious and discreet, and pursued with such positive energy" said Andrew Hamilton, chair of the Bangor Region Chamber. "From promotion of our connections with Eastern Canada to helping win approval of the Cross Center, his leadership has enriched us all."
In addition to the Dowd award, the dinner will honor six others:
- Business of the Year: Hollywood Casino, for its outstanding contribution to the region's economic vibrancy and its strong community involvement and generosity.
- Catherine Lebowitz Award for Public Service: Sen. Ed Youngblood, for his hard work in support of the Omnibus Energy Bill and for sustaining a civil and sensible tone in the Maine State Senate in 2013.
- Community Service Award: The City of Bangor for its foresight and willingness to invest in critical projects, including the Cross Center, which benefit the entire region.
- Non-Profit of the Year: Acadia Hospital, for raising its standards and performance in service to some of the region's most vulnerable and least understood citizens.
- Arthur Comstock Professional Service Award: Steve Pound of Cianbro, for his leadership in workforce development and education reform efforts in the Bangor Region and throughout the state of Maine.
- Bion and Dorain Foster Entrepreneurship Award: Cerahelix Inc., for its work as a technology start up that has set an example for other innovative companies in the Bangor Region.
(Source - Bangor Chamber Press Release)