Route 3 Work Plan Week Ending May 26
Work continues on the Route 3 Corridor in Bar Harbor. Here's the work plan for the week ending May 26th. Contractors will be off the road for Memorial Day Weekend after Thursday, May 24th and will resume construction efforts on Tuesday, May 29th.
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on new drainage from the Days Inn to the College of the Atlantic
- Continuing work on a large pipe in the West Street/Eden Street Intersection
- Fine grading and paving driveways from the Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park Entrance and from West Street to Eagle Lake Road
- Continuing paving from the Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park Entrance
- Begin paving on the Eagle Lake Road
- Working on sidewalks from West Street to the Eagle Lake Road
- Placing curbing from the Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park Entrance and on Eagle Lake Road.