Route 3 Bar Harbor Construction Work Plan Week Ending September 8th
It's Labor Day Weekend! That means that work on the Bar Harbor Route 3 corridor won't resume again until Tuesday, September 4th. Schools everywhere will be back in session after Labor Day on Tuesday, September 4th so remember to watch out for buses! Here's the work plan for the week ending September 8th.
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on new drainage systems from Duck Brook towards the Bluffs
- Working on water services from Duck Brook towards the Bluffs
- Excavating and grading gravel drives from the College of the Atlantic to West Street
- Installing catch basin frames and grates from the College of the Atlantic to West Street
- Installing granite curbing from the College of the Atlantic to West Street