MDI Shutout By MCI 28-0 September 14 [PHOTOS]
The MDI Trojan Football team was shutout by the MCI Huskies on Friday night, September 14th, 28-0 in Bar Harbor.
MDI won the coin toss and elected to defer, kicking off to the MCI Huskies. The Huskies took over the ball at the MDI 41 yards line.
MCI threw a series of screen passes, and moved the ball effectively against the Trojan's defense. 13 plays later, Tucker Sharples rumbled in for the 7 yard touchdown. Ryan Friend was 6-7 passing on the drive that took 5:52. Kyle Burger Roy kicked the extra point, and with 6:01 remaining in the 1st Quarter the Huskies led 7-0.
MDI took over on their own 28 yard line and were forced to punt. MCI took over on the MDI 48 yard line with 1:37 remaining in the 1st Quarter.
The Huskies were forced to punt, and MDI took over at their own 20 yard line at the start of the 2nd Quarter after the punt went into the end zone for a touchback.
MDI was eventually forced to punt, and MCI took over at the Trojan 49 yard line with 8:10 remaining. They moved down the field, with Sharples scoring his 2nd touchdown of the night, running in from 1 yard out. Burger Roy's exta point was good and with 6:15 remaining in the 1st Half, MCI led 14-0.
MDI took over on their own 30 yard line and moved the ball down the field, but lost it as quarterback Baylor Landsman fumbled after a botched play. MCI took over at their own 27 yard line with 5:05 remaining in the 1st Half.
The Huskies attempted a field goal, but the kick was blocked and Sam Hoff picked up the ball and brought it out to the MDI 32 yard line. The Trojans took over but were forced to punt and MCI took over at their own 14 yard line with 31.7 seconds remaining in the 1st Half.
The Huskies moved the ball up the field, but time expired with MCI leading 14-0.
MDI took over at their own 25 yard line but was forced to punt the ball and MCI took over and they too were forced to punt the ball.
MDI took over at the MCI 49 and subsequently turned the ball over on downs. MCI took over at their MDI 49 and they too turned the ball over on downs.
MDI took over at their own 30 yard line with 2:07 left in the 3rd Quarter and were forced to punt once again. MCI took over at the MDI 43 and Seth Bussell scored from 1 yard out. Burger Roy's kick was good and with 11:33 remaining in the game MCI led 21-0.
MCI would end up scoring once again, this time with 8:05 left in the game as Kempton Roy ran in from 1 yard out. Burger Roy's kick was good and that made the final score 28-0.
MDI is now 1-2 and will play host to Winslow Friday night, September 21st with the pregame starting at 6:40 and kickoff at 7PM on WDEA Internet Radio, on our free downloadable APP and on any Alexa enabled device. The game will also be livestreamed on the MDI High School You Tube Channel
MCI 2-1 will play host to Hermon on Friday, September 21 at 7PM.
Thanks to Walter Churchill for the photos.
- Elijah Joyce 21 carries 76 yards
- Hunter Gray 4 carries 14 yards
- Cole Allen 3 carries 5 yards
- Baylor Landsman 3 carries 4 yards
- Ethan Harkins 3 carries 2 yards
- Baylor Landsman 5-9 33 yards
- Elijah Joyce 2 receptions 2 yards
- Cody Modeen 1 reception 13 yards
- Ethan Harkins 1 reception 9 yards
- Tyler Woodworth 1 reception 9 yards
- Tucker Sharples 17 carries 143 yards
- Kempton Roy 6 carries 41 yards
- Andrew Whitaker 6 carries 28 yards
- Seth Bussell 3 carries 22 yards
- Cole Steeves 4 carries 14 yards
- Ryan Friend 1 carry -2 yards
- Ryan Friend 13-23 139 yards
- Donnie Wilson 1-1 8 yards
- Will Russell 5 receptions 61 yards
- Andrew Whitaker 5 receptions 55 yards
- Dominic Wilson 3 receptions 18 yards
- Nathan Berthelette 1 reception 13 yards