Governor LePage To Hold Tax Town Hall Meeting In Ellsworth This Week [INFO]
The Governor will hold another "Town Hall" meeting this week, this time in Ellsworth.
The "town hall" type meeting will happen this Thursday between 6 and 7 pm. at Ellsworth High School. Governor LePage will answer questions about his comprehensive tax reform and relief plan. The meeting will be held in the school's theater.
According to a press release, "The LePage Tax Cut Plan is a bold initiative to make Maine a more attractive place for young families, retirees, veterans and job creators." This plan will:
• Cut the tax burden by $300 million for Mainers.
• Make Maine competitive again, nationally and globally.
• Drive prosperity for decades to come for all Mainers.
• Reduce the income tax by 40% since the start of the LePage Administration.
• Propel Maine’s national ranking from 33rd to 23rd in terms of tax climate.
• Attract good-paying jobs so our children can stay, work, prosper and raise their children in Maine.
The next town town meeting that the Governor will hold will be in Belfast on Tuesday, April 28th.