Funding Nemos Update December 8 AM
Sunday Morning- The Southwest Harbor Library is no longer able to be used as a drop off because too much was being dropped off there! Thanks so much for everyone's generosity! Please use the old Gordius Garage behind McKinley Market in Bass Harbor, and other locations below.
There is a need for donations of plates, cups, plastic cutlery, napkins etc for the fundraiser party at the American Legion Hall in Southwest Harbor on December 21. See below for information.
I have made a decision not to use the Cap'n Nemos fire pictures anymore on these posts and here's the reason why.. What has happened has happened, and the effort now is to rebuild the Cousins and Cap'n Nemos. So I'm only going to use pictures of Cap'n Nemos in it's heyday!
Here's an update on how things are going!
Here is a list that is being added to constantly of items that have been donated for the silent/chinese auction
- $100 gift certificate for Cool As A Moose
- Suzanne Kuti-Bracy: Live lobster gift certificate
- Ashley Carter: Two Handpainted glasses
- Meghan Witham: 3 gift certificates for one Yin Yoga Class
- Linda Stahl Homer: 2 one hour private sessions at Downeast Pilates
- Jill Recla: 10 one hour gift certificates for a level one Reiki session
- Cassie Roskom: Gift certificate from her Salon Shear Perfection
- Paula Dowsland: $50 gift certificate for Dowsland Photography
- Christopher Strout: Stand up paddle board and paddle from Acadia SUP
- Lori and Rebecca Krupke: One hour session with Captured Moments, with cd and forty plus edited images.
- Jenn Tozier: Handmade Christmas Stockings and assorted handmade items
- Dorrie LaBianca: Items from Village Emporium
- Emily Wright: Two one hour massages
- Mount Desert Island Marathon (Mary Mopp): 2 entries into the MDI Marathon, full or half, winners choice, and 2 pre-race pasta dinners.
- Danielle Genter-Ray: Gift certificate to the Quimby House and one to the Serenity Garden Spa
- Lorrain Bunker-Smart: Hand made jewelry
- Nick Birdsall: Free on-ramp cross fit class at Crossfit Acadia
- Alex Newell-Taylor: 1 adult private yoga session, 1 adult private mat pilates lesson, kinds yoga lesson (group or individual), weekend at camp in Millinocket (Sleeps nine) with direct view of Katahdin, and a Rock Pendant from Sam Shaw set in silver.
- Rose Iuro-Damon: one hour massage
- Joh Hill: One case of Old Soaker Root Beer
- Kate Joseph Folger: 100 gallons of home heating oil from Coastal Energy, and a Sail Pillow from SALT
- Andrew Flanagan: $200 off of tree work by Maine Wood Guy
- Jodie L. Aragona: colorful, wacky freshwater cultured pearl necklace by Argona Designes
- Missy Lewis Higgins: 5 tans
- Benjamin Hodgdon: HCYC work apparel and $50 off a fall or spring clean up (winners choice)
- Jennifer Neuman: $50 gift certificate to Thai Sana in Ellsworth
- Noah Mohr: Kustom Visual Kreations $75 gift certificate towards their services
- Eric Olson: Gift certificate to Mama DiMatteo's
- Jasmin Harsy: items handcrafted by Rika
- Lisa Branch: 2 $25 gift certificates to Seafood Ketch
- Amanda Hinckley Williams: Free complete pet grooming from Island Pet Grooming
- Debbie Harbest Lunt: quilt to raffle from Quilt N Fabric
December 21, 2013 is the date for the Potluck/BYOB event. It will held at the American Legion Hall in Southwest Harbor. The event will take place from 12 Noon until 10 PM, and there will be bands playing throughout the afternoon and evening. Once all the bands are confirmed, we will post the times and bands.
December 21, 2013 is also the date for the Silent Auction and Chinese Auction. It will take place 9:30 to 1 at the Tremont Town Office. The Raffle and Chinese Auction page for this event can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/captnnemosrelief
The General Facebook Page is HERE
Ways To Help
There are two funds set up right for cash donations.
Any branch of the First will accept your donations. The account name is “We Love Cap’n Nemos”. You can also mail a check to The First, PO Box 86 Southwest Harbor, Maine 04679
Also a Go Fund Me account can be accessed online
Donations of clothes, household stuff, cash and food can be dropped off at the old Gordius Garage behind McKinley Market in Bass Harbor, Caroll Drug Store in Southwest Harbor, Mad Hatter or Queen Anne’s Flower shop in Bar Harbor, and the Ale House in Ellsworth. In Bangor, items may be dropped off at Atlantic Designs on Outer Hammond Street.
Clothing sizes needed are:
Jasper: 32×33 pants Size 10 shoes Lg Jackets w longer arms M tshirts
Bob 36x 34 pants Size 10 shoe Xl shirts Long arms for jackets
Judy Shoe 8 29-30 waist M shirts
Nobody really has winter boots, or winter clothes. Jasper needs clothing and outerwear/boots for fishing.
Here are some smaller items that the Cousin family is in need of:
Household Cleaning supplies
If you missed the story of "Angels Among Us" how Judy and Bob Cousins were able to fly out to say goodbye to Judy's dieing father click HERE