Cap’n Nemos Fundraising Dec 10 Update
A big update today! I stopped by Cap'n Nemos site today and spoke to the Cousin's children, Amethyst, Jasper and Cassiar and they are so incredibly thankful for the outpouring of generosity and love from the community both near and afar. Amethyst told me the site will be cleared on Saturday, December 14th
Important Auction Update: The location of the Auction has been changed to The Southwest Harbor Legion Hall's downstairs. It will still be held on the 21st and run from 9:30 to 5:30. Thank you all for your tremendous continued support for this multifaceted fund raiser!
Here's the current list of what's been donated as of December 10th
- $100 gift certificate for Cool as a moose
- Suzanne Kuti-Bracy: Live lobster gift certificate
- Ashley Carter: Two Handpainted glasses
- Meghan Witham: 3 gift certificates for one Yin Yoga Class
- Linda Stahl Homer: 2 one hour private sessions at Downeast Pilates
- Jill Recla: 10 one hour gift certificates for a level one Reiki session
- Cassie Roskom: Gift certificate from her Salon Shear Perfection
- Paula Dowsland: $50 gift certificate for Dowsland Photography
- Christopher Strout: Stand up paddle board and paddle from Acadia SUP
- Lori and Rebecca Krupke: One hour session with Captured Moments, with cd and forty plus edited images.
- Jenn Tozier: Handmade Christmas Stockings and assorted handmade items
- Dorrie LaBianca: items from Village Emporium
- Emily Wright: Two one hour massages
- Mount Desert Island Marathon (Mary Mopp): 2 entries into the MDI Marathon, full or half, winners choice, and 2 pre-race pasta dinners.
- Danielle Genter-Ray: Gift certificate to the Quimby House and one to the Serenity Garden Spa
- Lorrain Bunker-Smart: hand made jewelry
- Nick Birdsall: Free on-ramp cross fit class at Crossfit Acadia
- Alex Newell-Taylor: 1 adult private yoga session, 1 adult private mat pilates lesson, kinds yoga lesson (group or individual), weekend at camp in Millinocket (Sleeps nine) with direct view of Katahdin, and a Rock Pendant from Sam Shaw set in silver.
- Rose Iuro-Damon: one hour massage
- Joh Hill: One case of Old Soaker Root Beer
- Kate Joseph Folger: 100 gallons of home heating oil from Coastal Energy, and a Sail Pillow from SALT
- Andrew Flanagan: $200 off of tree work by Maine Wood Guy
- Jodie L. Aragona: colorful, wacky freshwater cultured pearl necklace by Argona Designes
- Missy Lewis Higgins: 5 tans
- Benjamin Hodgdon: HCYC work apparel and $50 off a fall or spring clean up (winners choice)
- Jennifer Neuman: $50 gift certificate to Thai Sana in Ellsworth
- Noah Mohr: Kustom Visual Kreations $75 gift certificate towards their services
- Eric Olson: Gift certificate to Mama DiMatteo's
- Jasmin Harsy: items handcrafted by Rika
- Lisa Branch: 2 $25 gift certificates to Seafood Ketch
- Amanda Hinckley Williams: Free complete pet grooming from Island Pet Grooming
- Debbie Harbest Lunt: quilt to raffle from Quilt N Fabric
- Downtown Lobster Pound: 2 $25 gift certificates
- Heather Maclean: One purple hand knit neck warmer
- Ralph Reed: 2 $50 gift certificates to Quietside Cafe
- Improv Acadia: 2 entries valued at $24
- Judith Barker: Custom Jewelry
- Erin Jordan Allen: 10 class punch card for Zumba Class at the Town Hill VIS Hall
- Sherri Kean: 2 $50 gift certificates for "Learn to Line Dance" from Sherri Kean Productions
- Lorrie DeMello: Large Mary Kay basket.
- Ann Patteson: Knit Hats
- Sal Clouse: $25 gift certificate to Little Anthony's
- Karen Girard: 2 framed photographs $50
- Stella Chaoss: artwork of Nemo's
The event on Saturday, December 21st at the Southwest Harbor American Legion Hall for the Cousins has a name “Nemostock – Rising From the Ashes” and will be held from noon until 10pm . Entry is by donation. BYOB and potluck. 9 musicians/bands will play throughout the day, including an open mike slot from 8-9pm.
Here’s the list of the bands that will be playing!
Here's the Nemostock Rising from the Ashes Facebook Page. Click HERE
There is still a need for paper cups, plates and plastic silverware.
The General Facebook Page is HERE
Ways To Help
There are two funds set up right for cash donations.
Any branch of the First will accept your donations. The account name is “We Love Cap’n Nemos”. You can also mail a check to The First, PO Box 86 Southwest Harbor, Maine 04679
Also a Go Fund Me account can be accessed online and as of Tuesday night, December 10th, a little over $16,000 has been donated.
Donations of clothes, household stuff, cash and food can be dropped off at the Southwest Harbor Public Library, the old Gordius Garage behind McKinley Market in Bass Harbor, Caroll Drug Store in Southwest Harbor, Mad Hatter or Queen Anne’s Flower shop in Bar Harbor, and the Ale House in Ellsworth. In Bangor, items may be dropped off at Atlantic Designs on Outer Hammond Street