Bucksport Motel Fire Caused By Cigarette
The Fire Marshall's office says an early morning fire at the Spring Fountain Motel in Bucksport was caused by a cigarette. No one was injured in the fire.
Crews were called to the motel just after 12:30 this morning to the report of a fire in one of the guest rooms. When firefighters arrived, flames and black smoke were spewing from the east wing of the structure.
Ken Grimes of the Fire Marshall's office says the fire started at the edge of a bed in one of the lodging rooms. The cause of the fire was determined to be the careless disposal of smoking materials.
There are nine rooms in that wing of the motel and Grimes said four were occupied. One person was taken to the hospital but Grimes said that was a stress-related concern and the woman checked out fine. No one was hurt. The motel, however, sustained thousands of dollars in damage.