Bar Harbor Route 3 Construction Schedule Week Ending May 5
Get ready for the new detour! The new detour will become effective Monday, April 30th! It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please be mindful of animals, and children who are not used to the volume of traffic that will be on the detour route! Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
The traffic signals near the Acadia Park Entrance will be active so be sure to be aware or red, yellow and green lights!
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
One-way detour utilizing the Park Loop Road will be operational on Monday 4/30/2018
- Working near Duck Brook and Days Inn on new water and sewer services
- Working on new drainage from Days Inn to the Bayview, as well as on Eagle Lake Road
- Conducting earthwork from the Crooked Road to the National Park entrance
- Improving sidewalks on Mount Desert Street and Main Street
- Making improvements along Kebo Street near the Quality Inn
- Excavating and grading driveways from West Street to Eagle Lake Road
- Utilities will be working from the Bluffs to Highbrook Road removing old poles and wires