August is National Sandwich Month (Poll)
August is National Sandwich Month!
Here's some sandwich stats from Redbook:
- 2.19 billion Oscar Mayer bologna sandwiches are eaten each year. That works out to more than 6 million daily, or 69 every second.
- 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are eaten by the average child by the time he graduates from high school.
- 5,440 pounds is the weight of the largest sandwich ever made it was corned beef by Wild Woody's Chill and Grill in Roseville, Michigan
- $197 the approximate price of the world's most expensive sandwich, prepared at the Von Essen hotels in England. It's made with Iberico ham, poulet de Bresse, white truffles, quail eggs, semi-dried Italian tomatoes, and 24 hour fermented sourdough bread.
- 41 grams of fat are in an Elvis sandwich which is white bread, butter, smooth peanut butter, and banana. The King himself is reported to have eaten 12 in a single sitting.
In light of the peanut butter sandwich stat, I'd like to know