2018 Acadia National Park Pass Contest
The National Park Service is inviting photographers and other artists to submit digital images for use on Acadia National Park's 2018 Annual Pass. The selected image will appear on thousands of annual passes purchased by visitors from all over the country.
The winner will receive credit and an America the Beautiful interagency pass, valued at $80.00 which may be used at over 2,000 federal recreation areas nationwide.
Superintendent Kevin Schneider said "We welcome photographers and artists of all ages to share their talent and appreciation of Acadia's amazing landscape by participating in this contest. Having a new image on the annual pass each year will continue the long tradition of using art to inspire generations of visitors to Acadia."
Contest submission requirements
- Images must be submitted by email to email@example.com (with PHOTO CONTEST in the subject line) by 4 PM on Friday, November 3, 2017. The email must include your full name, mailing address, telephone number and the location of the image.
- Images must represent Acadia National Park
- Images may be photographs or original artwork
- Images must be suitable for formatting on a 4x2 inch plastic card (landscape orientation only)
- Images must be submitted in high-quality digital format with a minimum 300 DPI.
- Images should NOT have borders/frames, watermarks, labels, signatures or copyright notices
- Limit of two images per individual
The winner will be required to sign a copyright permission form that allows the NPS to have non-exclusive rights to use the image on the annual pass and in other print or digital media at its discretion. The owner will retain copyright of the image for any other purposes.
NPS employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.