More Than 16,000 Still Without Power Monday Afternoon
As of 4 p.m. Monday, 16,142 Emera Maine customers were without power, and of that 11,299 customers were in Hancock County. Restoration efforts are being hampered by the widespread damage from the heavy winds and rain on Sunday, and are expected to be further hampered by the anticipated snowfall on Tuesday into Wednesday.
New estimated restoration times are as follows, however the upcoming storm could further delay these times.
- Lincoln/Millinocket: By 6:00 PM on Monday, January 11
- Presque Isle: By 8:00 PM on Monday, January 11
- Bangor: By 6:00 PM on Tuesday, January 12
- Machias/Washington County: By 10 PM on Tuesday, January 12
- Hancock County: By 10:00 PM on Wednesday, January 13
With the anticipated cold temperatures, you should take precautions to be without power. If warming centers open in Hancock County, we will be sure to post them.
You can view the live outage and restoration map HERE